In today’s post I thought to share a few beauty steps that I love to always do. We all have those steps that make us feel confident and looking our best. Here are mine:
1. Cleansing: Cleansing is an obvious beauty step I try to not skip especially on days when I wear make-up. It is important to wash your face in the morning and evening. I have heard people say that they do no wash their face in the morning. I think no matter what your skin type is, there is a cleanser that is suitable for your skin so there is no reason to skip it. Even in the mornings and you have cleansed your skin the night before. I think this is a basic step and I think everyone should properly cleanse their face, even if that is the only skincare step they have in their routine.
2. Set My Face: I have oily skin so powders play an important part in my makeup routine. I set my t-zone because of this but I also set the rest of my face. I would never apply other products like blush etc directly above my foundation. I just do not want to risk it not blending well or not lasting well throughout the day.
3. Contour: I used to not understand contouring but I have since understood the purpose it serves. It just brings definition back to the face, if done right. It is important to use the correct shade, the correct amount and blend it well so that it is seamless and flattering. I contour my cheekbones, temples and nose.
4. Color My Lower Lash Line: I do not know what it is but I just love to place eyeshadow under my lower lash line. I like to just add eyeshadow or my contour powder if I do not have a lot of time to do a full eyeshadow look. It also helps to hide any creases under the eyes.
5. Highlight: I just love highlighter and I do not skip it no matter how much of a rush I am in to get ready. Whether I apply a highlighter on my cheekbones or a shimmery eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eyes, I just have to do it.
What are your favourite beauty steps? Do you share the same with me?